- Cooking Time:
- Servings: about 4 dozen
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups butter (4 sticks)
- 6 oz cream cheese (not whipped)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vanilla
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons course salt
- 2 1/2 cups walnut halves as follows:
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped
- Combine butter and cream cheese in a large bowl.
- Mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy.
- Mix in sugar and vanilla.
- Add flour and salt, mix until just combined.
- Mix in first part of chopped walnuts.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each half into an 8 1/2" long X 2" diameter roll. Wrap each roll in parchment paper or plastic wrap. Freeze until firm, about 30 minutes or up to 2 weeks.
- Preheat oven to 350° with racks in upper third of oven. Unwrap one log and roll it in 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts, coating completely. Cut into 1/4 inch rounds, place 1" apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake cookies until just golden around edges, about 18-20 minutes. Let cool on wire racks. Repeat with remaining log and remaining chopped walnuts.
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Get Fit With Good Food!See More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More