- Cooking Time:
- Servings: about 4 dozen
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups butter (4 sticks)
- 6 oz cream cheese (not whipped)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vanilla
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons course salt
- 2 1/2 cups walnut halves as follows:
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped
- Combine butter and cream cheese in a large bowl.
- Mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy.
- Mix in sugar and vanilla.
- Add flour and salt, mix until just combined.
- Mix in first part of chopped walnuts.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each half into an 8 1/2" long X 2" diameter roll. Wrap each roll in parchment paper or plastic wrap. Freeze until firm, about 30 minutes or up to 2 weeks.
- Preheat oven to 350° with racks in upper third of oven. Unwrap one log and roll it in 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts, coating completely. Cut into 1/4 inch rounds, place 1" apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake cookies until just golden around edges, about 18-20 minutes. Let cool on wire racks. Repeat with remaining log and remaining chopped walnuts.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!See More
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic: Julie & Julia
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Marly's Vegan Coconut CakeSee More