- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 pkg chocolate cake mix
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 7 ounces (1 jar) marshmallo creme
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoonn vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Make and bake cup cakes according to the directions on the box, for cup cakes. Cool for 10 minutes, and move to wire rack.
- For the filling: In a small sauce pan, combine water and salt until dissolved. In a small mixing bowl, beat Marshmallow creme, shortening, powdered sugar and canilla until fluffy and light.
- Insert a small round pastry tip into a pastry bag or plastic bag. Insert the tip half way into each cupcake and fill with a small amount. In a heavy sauce pan, melt the chips with the cream. Cool. Stir the cc mixture into frosting; chill for 20 minutes to set. Store in refrigerator.
NotesWith these cupcakes, who needs Hostess? These take a white cream filling and the frosting is moister.
Someone gave me this recipe, and forgot to tell me the baking time, but I think it's 10 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More