- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. butter
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Heat milk.
- Mix sugar, cornstarch, salt: add hot milk.
- Cook over hot water, stirring until thick; cook until there is no taste of raw starch.
- Beat egg, add milk mixture; return to double boiler and cook until egg thickens
- Remove from heat, add butter and vanilla.
- Cool before putting into cream puffs or whatever you are filling.
NotesI am not a fan of the fillings made with icing sugar and shortening. This recipe has been around for more than 50 years and is very good tasting and texture.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More