- Cooking Time: 20
- Preparation Time:
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup (approx) Becel butter sub
- 1 bunch broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 cups stock (I use veggie)
- 1. Start with your chopped green onions and garlic in a medium pan with a tablespoon or so of Becel (or whatever you use), cook until your onions are almost transparent.
- 2. Then add another tablespoon of Becel, and with a large whisk mix in a tablespoon of flour on med-low heat. Repeat this twice more for a total of 3 tbsp each of Becel and flour.
- 3. Over medium heat add your stock in slowly, then the boccoli. Let this simmer, stirring from time to time for about 20 minutes.
- 4. Pour the entire contents of the pot into your blender, or failing that use a hand mixer to liquify the broccoli.
- 5. Pour back into pot and serve warm with Focaccia.
NotesMy Dad showed me how to make this soup, I wanted it creamy without using milk, cheese or creams.
Save the tops of your green onions for the Focaccia!
Gluten free flour works just fine in this recipe. :)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Italy or BustSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More