- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 c. butter or margarine
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 1/2 c. chopped celery
- 2 T. flour
- 2 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 1 1/2 lb. fresh asparagus, cut in 3/4" pices and cooked 7 minutes.
- 1 c. half and half or milk
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in onion and celery. Cook 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in flour. Cook one minute, stirring constantly. Stir in broth. Cook 5-7 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Stir in 1/2 to 3/4 of asparagus. In food processor, puree asparagus mixture. (Might need to be done in 2 batches). Return to pan and add rest of asparagus. Stir in half and half. Cook 5-8 minutes. 5 servings.
- My husband's favorite vegetable is asparagus and I looked for a good soup recipe for him. I finally found one that was close to what I wanted, but it needed some tweaking. I got it just the way I like it and we both enjoy this soup.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook CafeSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More