- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 c. butter or margarine
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 1/2 c. chopped celery
- 2 T. flour
- 2 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 1 1/2 lb. fresh asparagus, cut in 3/4" pices and cooked 7 minutes.
- 1 c. half and half or milk
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in onion and celery. Cook 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in flour. Cook one minute, stirring constantly. Stir in broth. Cook 5-7 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Stir in 1/2 to 3/4 of asparagus. In food processor, puree asparagus mixture. (Might need to be done in 2 batches). Return to pan and add rest of asparagus. Stir in half and half. Cook 5-8 minutes. 5 servings.
- My husband's favorite vegetable is asparagus and I looked for a good soup recipe for him. I finally found one that was close to what I wanted, but it needed some tweaking. I got it just the way I like it and we both enjoy this soup.
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
ENGLISH MUFFIN PIZZA
Salted Caramel Apple Cups
Meatball MuffinsSee More