- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup half and half
- 4 eggs yolks, slightly beaten
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Mix sugar, cornstarch, and salt in saucepan.
- Gradually stir in milk and half and half.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with wire whisk.
- Cook until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir one minute.
- Add half egg yolk mixture and stir.
- Add remaining egg mixture. Stir in.
- Boil one minute, remove from heat.
- Stir in butter and vanilla. **For chocolate: add 4 oz. of melted semisweet chocolate.
- Put hot filling into metal bowl. Cover top filling with plastic wrap. **Mark with a sharpie marker.
- Day 2 **Finish according to type of pie you want.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Rainbows Of Vegan LoveSee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More