- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup half and half
- 4 eggs yolks, slightly beaten
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Mix sugar, cornstarch, and salt in saucepan.
- Gradually stir in milk and half and half.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with wire whisk.
- Cook until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir one minute.
- Add half egg yolk mixture and stir.
- Add remaining egg mixture. Stir in.
- Boil one minute, remove from heat.
- Stir in butter and vanilla. **For chocolate: add 4 oz. of melted semisweet chocolate.
- Put hot filling into metal bowl. Cover top filling with plastic wrap. **Mark with a sharpie marker.
- Day 2 **Finish according to type of pie you want.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Lau Family RecipesSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More