- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Flaky Pie Dough for a 1 crust pie
- Filling: 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 3 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large bananas, sliced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prepare and bake the crust following package directions.
- To make the filling, combine 2 cups milk, sugar and salt in a nonreactive saucepan; whisk to mix and bring to a boil over low heat.
- Place remaining 1/2 cup milk in a mixing bowl and
- whisk in cornstarch, then eggs.
- Return milk and sugar mixture to a boil over low heat then whisk about a third of it into the egg mixture.
- Return milk and sugar mixture to a boil once more and whisk in the egg mixture, whisking constantly until the filling thickens and comes to a boil.
- Allow to boil, whisking constantly, for about 30 seconds. Remove from heat, whisk in butter and vanilla; pour into a nonreactive bowl.
- Press plastic wrap against the surface of the filling and chill until it is approximately 75 degrees.
- Fold the bananas into the cooled filling and spread it evenly in the cooled crust.
- To finish the pie, whip the cream with the sugar and vanilla until it holds a firm peak.
- Use a hand mixer on medium speed or a heavyduty mixer fitted with the whisk.
- Spread the cream over the filling, making sure it touches the edges of the crust all around.
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook CafeSee More
Baked Avocado Brunch
Japanese Carrot Ginger Dressing
Beef , Tomatoe And Cabbage CasseroleSee More