- Cooking Time: 40 min.
- Servings: 8-10 puffs
- Preparation Time: 10 min.
- 1 c. water
- 1/2 c. shortening
- 1/3 c. potatoe starch
- 2/3 c. rice flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 4 eggs
- Box of nutrawhip
- 1 lg. pkg. vanilla instant pudding
- 1/2 c. milk
- Combine water and shortening in a lg. saucepan and bring to a boil. Mix flours, salt, and sugar, then add to water + shortening and stir until mixture forms a ball that leaves the side of the pan.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Add the unbeaten eggs, one at a time, and beat well with electric mixer, after each egg is added.
- Drop by tbsp. or pipe them on to cookie sheet. I cover sheet with parchment. The puffs should be 2 in. round and 1 1/2 in. high. They will puff up, leave room. Preheat oven to 450* and bake for 20 min. then reduce heat to 350* and bake for 20 min. more. Remove from oven and prick with fork to let steam escape. Whip Nutrawhip til stiff, then add milk and pudding mix and whip til stiff again. Add to cooled puffs and drizzle with chocolate.
NotesEveryone who has ever eaten these loves them. The more you make them the easier and faster they are to make.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More