- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 20-25
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- Vanilla Bean Pastry Cream (see recipe)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Prepare cream puff shells: In a large pot, bring water and butter to a rolling boil. Stir in flour and salt until the mixture forms a ball. Transfer the dough to a large mixing bowl. Using a wooden spoon or stand mixer, beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. Centers should be dry.
- When the shells are cool, either split and fill them with the pastry cream mixture, or use a pastry bag to pipe the cream into the shells.
Notes"These were a lot easier to make than I expected. The pastry cream is to die for and would be great in a trifle as well."
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Brownies: Baking Outside the BoxSee More
Raw “Vodka Sauce”
Memere's Chocolate Chip CookiesSee More