- Cooking Time: 10 minutes per batch
- Servings: 3 dozen
- Preparation Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- WAFER Cookie Dough
- 1 cup Butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup Whipping cream
- 2 cups Flour
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 3/4 cup Confectioner's sugar
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Red or green food coloring (thats for the holiday, use whatever you want)
- Combine wafer ingredients and chill 1 hour.
- Roll out on floured surface to 1/2" thickness.
- Cut in small rounds.
- Transfer to waxed paper covered with 1 cup sugar.
- Thoroughly coat both sides and place on cookie sheet.
- Prick with fork and bake at 350 deagrees for 7-10 minutes.
- Cool. (Careful they are crumbly now)
- Combine filling ingredients.
- Spread filling on wafers and sandwich two wafers together.
NotesMy mom has been making these for Christmas since I was.... I don't know... maybe even before I was!!! Haven't gone a holiday without... I crave them throughout the year though... so this is a heavily used cookie recipe in this family. (Shhh... don't tell my mom!)
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Babette's Test Kitchen
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2014See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More