- Cooking Time: 10 minutes per batch
- Servings: 3 dozen
- Preparation Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- WAFER Cookie Dough
- 1 cup Butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup Whipping cream
- 2 cups Flour
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 3/4 cup Confectioner's sugar
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Red or green food coloring (thats for the holiday, use whatever you want)
- Combine wafer ingredients and chill 1 hour.
- Roll out on floured surface to 1/2" thickness.
- Cut in small rounds.
- Transfer to waxed paper covered with 1 cup sugar.
- Thoroughly coat both sides and place on cookie sheet.
- Prick with fork and bake at 350 deagrees for 7-10 minutes.
- Cool. (Careful they are crumbly now)
- Combine filling ingredients.
- Spread filling on wafers and sandwich two wafers together.
NotesMy mom has been making these for Christmas since I was.... I don't know... maybe even before I was!!! Haven't gone a holiday without... I crave them throughout the year though... so this is a heavily used cookie recipe in this family. (Shhh... don't tell my mom!)
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat Necessary
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday Entertaining
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
Zesty Taco Stew with Cheddar-Stuffed Cornbread Dumplings
Fried OystersSee More