- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. fresh Broccoli (about 1 medium bunch)
- 1/4 C. Onion, chopped
- 1/4 C. Green Pepper, chopped
- 2 Celery Stalks, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) Chicken Broth
- 2 T. Butter
- 2 T. all purpose Flour
- 2 C. Milk
- 1/4 t. Black Pepper
- 2 C. (8 oz.) shredded, Mild Cheddar Cheese
- Chop broccoli into small pieces. Combine broccoli, onion, green pepper, celery and chicken broth in a medium size soup pot; heat to boil. Reduce heat, cover & simmer for 7 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
- Transfer (in 3rds) to a food processor or blender. Process until fairly smooth.
- Melt butter in same soup pot; add flour. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until bubbly. Wisk in milk & pepper; heat to boil, stirring constantly; Reduce heat, return broccoli puree back to soup pot. Stir in cheese; heat just until cheese melts (do not boil), stirring constantly. Ladel into soup bowls & enjoy!
- Servings: 6
NotesSource of Recipe:
From the Sargento's TOH magazine
So good and so good for you!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
A Falcon Feast
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Easy Homemade Salad DressingsSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More