- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 TBSP butter
- 1 TBSP flour
- 2 cups milk
- 4 oz. cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 lb. (8 oz.) mild or sharp cheddar cheese, cubed (Velveeta works good with this recipe)
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped broccoli, cooked, drained
- 1/4 TSP ground nutmeg
- 1/4 TSP pepper
- *Cook and stir onions in butter in 2-qt. saucepan on medium-high heat until onions are crisp-tender. Blend in flour. Reduce heat to medium.
- *Add milk and cream cheese; cook until cream cheese is melted, stirring frequently.
- *Stir in remaining ingredients; cook until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Makes 4 servings (1 cup each)
NotesCan you tell I really love soup? When I was a kid, my mom made soup all the time because we couldn't afford a lot of other things. I grew addicted to soup and have made tons of recipes ever since!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More