- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 TBSP butter
- 1 TBSP flour
- 2 cups milk
- 4 oz. cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 lb. (8 oz.) mild or sharp cheddar cheese, cubed (Velveeta works good with this recipe)
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped broccoli, cooked, drained
- 1/4 TSP ground nutmeg
- 1/4 TSP pepper
- *Cook and stir onions in butter in 2-qt. saucepan on medium-high heat until onions are crisp-tender. Blend in flour. Reduce heat to medium.
- *Add milk and cream cheese; cook until cream cheese is melted, stirring frequently.
- *Stir in remaining ingredients; cook until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Makes 4 servings (1 cup each)
NotesCan you tell I really love soup? When I was a kid, my mom made soup all the time because we couldn't afford a lot of other things. I grew addicted to soup and have made tons of recipes ever since!
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free Mama
The Social CookbookSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More