- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tbsp butter (30 ml)
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger (5 ml)
- 1 leek, white part only, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp flour (30 ml)
- 1/2 small head cauliflower, cut into small flowerets
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp turmeric (1 ml)
- 8 cups chicken stock (2 L)
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup 35% cream (125 ml)
- Juice of half a lime
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Cream of Cauliflower Soup
- 1. In a large pot sauté onion in butter on medium heat until golden. Add ginger, leek, celery, carrots and garlic and continue to cook for a further 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are just golden. Add the flour and stir until blended.
- 2. Add remaining ingredients, except cream, lime juice and parsley and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer the soup for 30 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. Add the cream and limejuice. Remove lid and continue to simmer for a further 15 minutes. Adjust seasoning.
- 3. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
- ** photo by shanrev on flickr.
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free Mama
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Watt's Cooking in PA?See More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More