- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tbsp butter (30 ml)
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger (5 ml)
- 1 leek, white part only, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp flour (30 ml)
- 1/2 small head cauliflower, cut into small flowerets
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp turmeric (1 ml)
- 8 cups chicken stock (2 L)
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup 35% cream (125 ml)
- Juice of half a lime
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Cream of Cauliflower Soup
- 1. In a large pot sauté onion in butter on medium heat until golden. Add ginger, leek, celery, carrots and garlic and continue to cook for a further 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are just golden. Add the flour and stir until blended.
- 2. Add remaining ingredients, except cream, lime juice and parsley and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer the soup for 30 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. Add the cream and limejuice. Remove lid and continue to simmer for a further 15 minutes. Adjust seasoning.
- 3. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
- ** photo by shanrev on flickr.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Adventures in Cooking
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce