- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4 - 6
- Preparation Time: 15
- 3 Cups Cauliflower, fresh or frozen
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 to 2 toes garlic
- dash pepper
- 1/4 Cup flour
- 1 12 oz. can Evaporated milk
- Shredded cheese, if desired.....
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cauliflower, chopped small
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Place the cauliflower in the chicken broth in medium size saucepan - cook over med-low heat until veggie is softened.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a small saucepan.
- Add 1/2 cup chopped onion and sauté till tender.
- Add 1 or 2 toes of chopped garlic and a dash of pepper.
- Add 1/4 cup flour and make a rouge.
- Once well mixed, slowly add a can of evaporated milk and keep mixing.
- Once incorporated, mix milk mixture into the chicken broth and cauliflower.
- Stir mixture often.
- When ready to serve, can top with a little shredded cheese - great on a cool fall or winter evening!
NotesMy grandma was a wonderful cook (and often spent a lot of time in the kitchen). With 6 daughters, she passed along her love of home cooked food and we have been so lucky to have many of the recipes passed along to us. Have to say the recipe she used for Creamed Soup uses an 'unexpected' ingredient.....evaporated milk! It is so good and reminds me of wonderful childhood memories in Grandma's Kitchen! I've also changed it up to use any other veggies that might be getting 'past the peak of ripeness'.....hope you enjoy it too!
Submitted by: "Rita Schmitz"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
The Italian ExchangeSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More