- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 6 servings
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
BackstoryI have been using my treadmill again and have been looking through cookbooks with working out. The cookbook is called: A Taste of Appleby. It came in a box lot of cookbooks bought at an auction.
The soup was great. I will be making it again for sure.
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/3 cup unbleached flour
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup cream
- salt and pepper
- chopped scallion for garnish/or parsley
- In large pot, melt butter. Add onion, celery and cauliflower; when this is softened cover pot and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Take the vegetables and put in blender or food processor and puree. ( I left it a bit chunky) Return to pot and stir in flour, mix thoroughly and cook until flour is cooked.
- Slowly stir in chicken stock and bring to boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cream.
- Soup can be heated but do not boil.
- Season to taste and add garnish.
Breads and Breakfasts: Bakin' Without Eggs...or Dairy!
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)See More
Frank's Redhot Buffalo Chicken Dip
Applesauce Oaties – Great, Great Grandma Hannon
Pumpkin CheesecakeSee More