- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 6 servings
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/3 cup unbleached flour
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup cream
- salt and pepper
- chopped scallion for garnish/or parsley
- In large pot, melt butter. Add onion, celery and cauliflower; when this is softened cover pot and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Take the vegetables and put in blender or food processor and puree. ( I left it a bit chunky) Return to pot and stir in flour, mix thoroughly and cook until flour is cooked.
- Slowly stir in chicken stock and bring to boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cream.
- Soup can be heated but do not boil.
- Season to taste and add garnish.
NotesI have been using my treadmill again and have been looking through cookbooks with working out. The cookbook is called: A Taste of Appleby. It came in a box lot of cookbooks bought at an auction.
The soup was great. I will be making it again for sure.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More