- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 large onion (cleaned and whole)
- 2 carrots peeled & ends trimmed
- two stalks celery, cleaned
- 1 bunch parsley, rinsed & tied with cooking twine
- salt & black pepper
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1 tsp white truffel oil
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp maple flavored butter
- 4 cups small white button mushrooms, cleaned and quartered
- 2 cups carrots sliced (small slices)
- 2 cups fat free half & half
- 5 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp flour
- black pepper
- white pepper
- salt to taste.
- Place first list of ingredients in a large stock pot & add enough water to cover chicken. Bring to boil and simmer until chicken is fully cooked and liquid has formed broth. Strain and place broth back in stockpot. Place chicken aside to cool and discard
- stock vegetables. Once chicken is cool, remove meat and discard bones. Clean meat well (remove all skin, bones, fat and gristle) & cube.
- Saute rice (second list) in oil to toast. Add 4 cups water, cover & boil 35 minutes. Set aside.
- RE: third list - Heat oil and butter in skillet and add mushrooms. Saute until all liquid has evaporated and mushrooms are slightly browned. Add mushrooms to rice and set aside.
- RE: Fourth list: Simmer carrots in half & half until soft.
- RE: Fifth List: Bring broth back to a boil and add carrots and half and half. Mix butter and flour into a paste and stir bit by bit into boiling broth, blending well to thicken. Add rice, mushrooms & chicken.
- Season with black pepper, white pepper and salt to taste.
NotesLast week, I was just in the mood for a good cream of chicken soup and this is what I came up with. I know the maple butter in the mushrooms sounds odd, but it really does add something to the flavor.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Taste of CenturyLink
NFPG Recipe CollectionSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More