- Cooking Time: 50
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10
- 25 g dried porcini / wild mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 a leek, finely diced
- 5 cups of mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 5 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 600 mL pouring cream
- Fresh thyme, roughly chopped
- Salt, white pepper, and black pepper to taste
- Sour cream and chives to serve
- 1. Rehydrate the dried mushrooms in a small bowl with 1/4 cup of warm water.
- 2. Melt the butter in a heavy based pan. Saute the leek until translucent.
- 3. Add the fresh mushrooms and saute for 3-5 minutes. Add the wine and saute for a further 2-3 minutes.
- 4. Stir through the garlic and add the stock. Bring to a boil.
- 5. Add the rehydrated porcini/wild mushrooms and their liquid. Season to taste and reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes.
- 6. Add the cream and thyme, and bring to a slow boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- 7. Allow to cool slightly and process in batches in a blender/food processor until smooth. Alternatively, use a stick blender in the pot; this will result in a coarser texture.
- 8. Serve with a spoon of sour cream and chopped chives.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Angel Acres Soup & Chili CookbookSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More