- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 3 (14 ounce) cans low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Black pepper to taste
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake sweet potatoes in preheated oven until soft, about 1 1/2 hours (you can also use a microwave). Remove and let cool slightly.
- Peel sweet potatoes, and puree with chicken broth in batches, using enough chicken broth so that it purees smoothly. Bring puree to a simmer in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in the sugar, salt, nutmeg, black pepper, and cayenne pepper; cover, and let simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in cream.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More