- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 onion (white or Vidalia), chopped
- 3 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 7 medium zucchinis, chopped
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 15 oz. fat free evaporated milk
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1. In a large pot, heat oil and sauté onion and garlic until golden, about 7 minutes. Add water, chicken bouillon cube, zucchini, basil, and parsley and bring to a boil. Let simmer 10 minutes, or until veggies are soft. Stir in evaporated milk, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper. Use immersion blender to puree. (Giggle like a maniac and shout "wheee!" as it does its job.) Heat another 10-15 minutes, uncovered, to let thicken.
- 2. Meanwhile, make Parmesan crisps: Preheat oven to 350. Place silver dollar-sized clumps of cheese on cookie sheet. Bake until melted and pliable, about 5 minutes. Remove and let cool, then use to garnish soup.
- Recipe taken here : http://foodmusings.typepad.com/food_musings/2005/03/ny_recipe_cream.html
- ** photo by boomette1 at flickr.
NotesOriginally a Weight Watchers recipe (believe it or not!) this soup is great hot or cold and lasts well in the fridge up to one week. It can also be frozen for up to 3 months. It doesn't take long to make once all the ingredients are chopped, and I like to serve it up with either a slice of cheese toast on pumpernickel bread in the winter, or with fresh boiled shrimp and a squirt of lime in the summer.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
MidLife Road Trip's
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing RecipesSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More