- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 8 cups broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk/soy milk
- ground black pepper to taste
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in medium sized stock pot, and saute onion and celery until tender. Add broccoli and broth, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour the soup into a blender, filling the pitcher no more than halfway full. Hold down the lid of the blender with a folded kitchen towel, and carefully start the blender, using a few quick pulses to get the soup moving before leaving it on to puree. Puree in batches until smooth and pour into a clean pot. Alternately, you can use a stick blender and puree the soup right in the cooking pot.
- In small saucepan, over medium-heat, heat 3 tablespoons oil, stir in flour and add milk/soy milk. Stir until thick and bubbly, and add to soup. Season with pepper and serve.
NotesA thick and flavourful soup that is perfect for cooler Fall-like days.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Taste of CenturyLinkSee More
One Bowl Pineapple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Garam Masala Cream Soup
Crustless Mini QuichesSee More