- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 8 cups broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk/soy milk
- ground black pepper to taste
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in medium sized stock pot, and saute onion and celery until tender. Add broccoli and broth, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour the soup into a blender, filling the pitcher no more than halfway full. Hold down the lid of the blender with a folded kitchen towel, and carefully start the blender, using a few quick pulses to get the soup moving before leaving it on to puree. Puree in batches until smooth and pour into a clean pot. Alternately, you can use a stick blender and puree the soup right in the cooking pot.
- In small saucepan, over medium-heat, heat 3 tablespoons oil, stir in flour and add milk/soy milk. Stir until thick and bubbly, and add to soup. Season with pepper and serve.
NotesA thick and flavourful soup that is perfect for cooler Fall-like days.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More