- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pimiento
- 1 cup shredded mild Cheddar cheese
- 6 frozen biscuits, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease the bottom and sides of an 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
- 2. Heat butter in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until melted. Stir in onion and saute until tender.
- 3. Transfer onion to a medium bowl. Add the chicken, soup, sour cream, milk and pimiento and mix well. Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven.
- 4. Sprinkle baked layer with 3/4 cup of the Cheddar. Arrange biscuits in single layer over top. Sprinkle with remaining Cheddar.
- 5. Bake until biscuits are golden brown and the sauce is bubbly, about 20 minutes longer. Serve immediately
NotesThis homey, comforting dish is so easy to put together, you can have Sunday night dinner any night of the week! Not low fat... unless you use fat-free sour cream & cheddar cheese. (I've never tried it that way, but you can give it a try.)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking for a Cure
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Christmas CookiesSee More
Aunt Kiki’s Enchilada Casserole
Chicken Cauliflower Power Soup
Coconut MacaroonsSee More