CREAMED CHICKEN & BISCUITS
Creamed Chicken & Biscuits
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pimiento
- 1 cup shredded mild Cheddar cheese
- 6 frozen biscuits, thawed
Preheat oven to 350F. Grease the bottom and sides of an 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
2. Heat butter in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until melted. Stir in onion and saute until tender.
3. Transfer onion to a medium bowl. Add the chicken, soup, sour cream, milk and pimiento and mix well. Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven.
4. Sprinkle baked layer with 3/4 cup of the Cheddar. Arrange biscuits in single layer over top. Sprinkle with remaining Cheddar.
5. Bake until biscuits are golden brown and the sauce is bubbly, about 20 minutes longer. Serve immediately