- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis homey, comforting dish is so easy to put together, you can have Sunday night dinner any night of the week! Not low fat... unless you use fat-free sour cream & cheddar cheese. (I've never tried it that way, but you can give it a try.)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pimiento
- 1 cup shredded mild Cheddar cheese
- 6 frozen biscuits, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease the bottom and sides of an 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
- 2. Heat butter in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until melted. Stir in onion and saute until tender.
- 3. Transfer onion to a medium bowl. Add the chicken, soup, sour cream, milk and pimiento and mix well. Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven.
- 4. Sprinkle baked layer with 3/4 cup of the Cheddar. Arrange biscuits in single layer over top. Sprinkle with remaining Cheddar.
- 5. Bake until biscuits are golden brown and the sauce is bubbly, about 20 minutes longer. Serve immediately