Creamed Chicken Casserole
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
1 small onion
1 1/2 teaspoons butter
2 lbs chopped cooked chicken breasts or boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup chopped pimiento or sauteed red bell peppers
1 1/2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
refrigerated biscuits or croissants or dinner rolls
Preheat oven to 350.
2. Grease the bottom and sides of an 11x7 inch baking dish or 10 inch quiche dish.
3. Chop the onion.
4. Heat butter in a small nonstick skillet and sautee until tender.
5. Combine cooked onion, soup, chicken, milk, pimiento, and mayo in a bowl and then turn into the prepared baking dish.
6. Bake for 15 minutes and remove from oven.
7. Sprinkle 1 cup of the cheese over the baked mixture.
8. Arrange biscuits or croissants (croissants are better!) decoratively in a single layer and sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese over them.
9. Return casserole to oven and bake until biscuits are golden brown and sauce is bubbly, usually about 20 minutes longer.
10. NOTE: This is RICH! You may sub sour cream for the mayo if you wish.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: Main Dish