- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 small onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 2 lbs chopped cooked chicken breasts or boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I used 1/2 cup mayo, 1/2 cup sour cream)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pimiento or sauteed red bell peppers (I used sweet red bell pepper)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
- refrigerated biscuits or croissants or dinner rolls (I used Big Buttery crescent rolls, 6 to a can)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray the bottom and sides of an 11x7 inch baking dish or 10 inch quiche dish.
- Chop the onion.
- Heat butter in a small nonstick skillet and sautee until tender.
- Combine cooked onion, soup, chicken, milk, pimiento, and mayo in a bowl and then turn into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes and remove from oven.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of the cheese over the baked mixture.
- Arrange biscuits or croissants (croissants are better!) decoratively in a single layer and sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese over them.
- Return casserole to oven and bake until biscuits are golden brown and sauce is bubbly, usually about 20 minutes longer.
NotesThis dish is delicious! Very filling and my family loved it! There was a richness to it but still amazingly good! Recipe posted by hdmacwa.
NOTE: This is RICH! You may sub sour cream for the mayo if you wish (hdmacwa)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More