- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup creamed corn
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place a 10-inch cast iron skillet into the oven.
- In a bowl, combine the cornmeal, salt, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Whisk together to combine well.
- In a large bowl, combine the buttermilk, eggs, and creamed corn, whisking together to combine thoroughly. Add the dry ingredients to the buttermilk mixture and stir to combine. If the batter will not pour, add more buttermilk to the batter.
- Swirl the canola oil in the hot cast iron skillet. Pour the batter into the skillet. Bake until the cornbread is golden brown and springs back upon the touch, about 20 minutes.
NotesA delicious spin on a classic recipe.
Adventures in Cooking
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More