- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 ears of corn
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced (optional)
- Cut the corn off the cob, just touching along the edge...not all the way to the cob
- Run your knife up and down the cob, releasing all the juices
- Put the corn into your pot, along with the butter, sugar and optional garlic.
- If you want it creamier, smash it a little with a potato masher
- Cover and cook over medium heat for about 15 minutes, until tender.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve
NotesI got this recipe from my grandmother, who lives in Alabama. Nothing beats good ole southern cooking!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Adventures in Cooking
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.See More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More