- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 ears of corn
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced (optional)
- Cut the corn off the cob, just touching along the edge...not all the way to the cob
- Run your knife up and down the cob, releasing all the juices
- Put the corn into your pot, along with the butter, sugar and optional garlic.
- If you want it creamier, smash it a little with a potato masher
- Cover and cook over medium heat for about 15 minutes, until tender.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve
NotesI got this recipe from my grandmother, who lives in Alabama. Nothing beats good ole southern cooking!
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
NFPG Recipe Collection
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More