- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 ears of corn
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced (optional)
- Cut the corn off the cob, just touching along the edge...not all the way to the cob
- Run your knife up and down the cob, releasing all the juices
- Put the corn into your pot, along with the butter, sugar and optional garlic.
- If you want it creamier, smash it a little with a potato masher
- Cover and cook over medium heat for about 15 minutes, until tender.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve
NotesI got this recipe from my grandmother, who lives in Alabama. Nothing beats good ole southern cooking!
Life on a Beach Easy Seafood Cooking at Home
Adventures in Cooking
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More