- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is just one of my tater soup recipes, always adding new things. My husband likes it when I add bacon. Just add 6 slices of crisp bacon. Use drippings from the bacon instead of butter.
- 4 medium size potatoes, peeled
- 1 small onion, peeled
- 4 green onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 cups regular strength chicken broth
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup can cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- dash of pepper
- dash of nutmeg
- Cut potatoes & onion. Coarsely chop the green onions, add along with the garlic to the butter in a heavy 3 quart saucepan. Add onion to butter and saute for 1 minute. Add the potatoes and pour in the
- broth. Simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add cream, milk,salt, pepper and nutmeg to soup. Chill if served cold, reheat to serving temperature if served hot. Garnish servings of soup
- as desired.
- Makes 4 servings.
- Hot soup--crisp croutons.
- Cold soup--chopped chives, green onion tops or parsley.
- For 2 servings:
- Half of the ingredients.
- For 8 servings:
- Double the ingredients, but use only 1 1/4 cups whipping cream.