- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 strip bacon, small dice
- 3 T minced onion
- 1 8 oz. Pkg cream cheese
- 1 1/2 C light cream
- 4 C cooked potatoes - cubed (approx. 4 med)
- 1/2 pkg frozen peas
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 T chives
- 2 T minced parsley
- tiny pinch fresh nutmeg
- Use a pan large enough to hold entire recipe.
- Render bacon on med-low heat till crisp.
- Drain and reserve bacon, leaving a light coating of fat in pan - caramelize onions in fat.
- In another pan, melt and blend cream cheese and cream then beat till smooth and creamy.
- Add to onions along with the rest of the ingredients, including bacon.
- Simmer on low 15-20 minutes.
NotesAdapted from a recipe by Delores Vazquez, a very good cook and friend.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
MidLife Road Trip'sSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More