- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 40-60 mins
- 8 cups of strong vegetable broth
- 1 whole head of garlic roasted
- The white part of 2-3 leeks washed and chopped
- I large head of cauliflower chopped
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 4 Tbsp chives chopped finely to garnish
- organic brown rice, quinoa or millet to serve
- Place the whole head of garlic unpeeled in an oven at 200 C / 400 F for about 30 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a large saucepan fry the leek in a little olive oil until soft. (About 3 minutes)
- Add in the cauliflower and stir for a couple of minutes until well coated. Squeeze in the roasted garlic pulp.
- Cover with the vegetable broth. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to a medium flame, and simmer partially covered for about 30 minutes until the cauliflower is soft. I like to stir frequently and mash the cauliflower with the spoon as it cooks to make it easier to blend.
- Let the mixture cool enough to put batches in the blender, and puree with the cashews until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a clean pot and heat on low to serve. Season with Celtic salt to taste.
- To serve - top each bowl with a grain ball and a generous sprinkle of chives.
- This soup serves six people for a fabulous starter.
NotesFor a simple, impressive, and downright delicious soup, you just can’t go past this creamy cauliflower blend. I never tell people what is in it, cause it is so much fun listening to all of the creative guesses. Parsnip? Cream? Onion? What exactly makes this soup taste so good? The cashews! Just make sure you puree the nuts really well in a high-speed blender such as a Vitamix in order to achieve the most creamy, airy consistency. This soup stands alone as a fantastic family dinner with a grain ball or a piece of bread on a cold Winter’s night. Give this soup an opening night at your kitchen – and let this cauliflower bloom! This soup is so easy, and absolutely phenomenal! Not to be missed.
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!See More
Mama Mia ... Lentils Italian Style
Gabriola Clam Chowder
Gen's Vegetable Love PizzaSee More