- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 pint whipping cream (NOT CoolWhip)
- 1 large can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 stick butter
- 4 to 5 Granny Smith Apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Maraschino cheries
- Sift flour and sugar into top of a double boiler; gradually stir in whipping cream, then crushed pineapple.
- Stir and cook over boiling water for 3 minutes.
- Add butter,and stir until well blended, then set aside.
- In a casserole dish, mix the apples and pecans; pour pineapple mixture on top, stirring slightly. Decorate top with cherries.
NotesWhen I have an abundance of Apples, I reach for this recipe. It makes a nice refreshing salad.
This dish can be made the day before.
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More