- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 cup fresh tomato (peeled, seeded and finely chopped)
- 1 cup ripe persimmon (peeled, cored and finely chopped) (about 1 small)
- 1/2 cup English cucumber, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup tart apple (peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, or to taste (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 medium avocado (peeled, seeded and mashed)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest, grated
- 1 teaspoon shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- For salsa: Combine the oil, the vinegar and the honey in a small bowl. Whisk until emulsified. Add the tomato, the persimmon, the cucumber, the shallot, the apple and the hot sauce. Stir to blend. Season with salt and pepper. Cover bowl and refrigerate for at least 4 and up to 24 hours.
- Spray the insides of six (6) 4-6 ounce ramekins with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine the gelatin and the water in a small saucepan. Allow the gelatin to soften for 5 minutes. Cook over a medium-heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin is dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile combine the avocado, the sour cream, the juice, the zest, the shallot, the salt and the pepper. Add the gelatin water and stir until just combined. Divide the mixture between the ramekins (each ramekin will be about 1/2 full). Set the ramekins on a baking sheet and refrigerate until set (at least 4 and up to 24 hours.
- At serving time run a sharp knife around the edge of each ramekin to loosen mousse. Place a chilled salad plate over the top of each ramekin. Invert each mousse onto its plate. Spoon some salsa over each mousse.
- Serve immediately passing remaining salsa.
- Serves 6.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More