- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 4 to 6
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 lbs. zucchini, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup loosely packed basil leaves, washed and stemmed
- 2 Tbsp. whole greek yogurt, sour cream or creme fraiche + more for garnish
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp. chili powder + more for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini and cook another 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and basil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook 20 minutes.
- Puree the soup with an immersion blender or in a blender, in batches.
- Add 2 Tbsp. yogurt/or other and chili powder.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Reheat gently.
- Divide soup among bowls and garnish each with some yogurt/or other, and a sprinkle of chili powder.
- per 1 1/2-cup serving: 101 cal., 45% (45 cal.) from fat; 5.5 g protein; 5 g fat (1.7 g sat.); 11 g carbo. (2.5 g fiber); 440 mg sodium; 4.7 mg chol.
NotesThis is a Sunset Magazine reader's recipe which I've modified. It's wonderfully satisfying and fresh.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Rainbows Of Vegan LoveSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More