- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup onion -- chopped
- 3/4 cup celery -- sliced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour -- sifted
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups milk or half & half
- 15 ounces brie -- rind removed, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese -- grated
- 2 tablespoons green onion -- thinly sliced
- In heavy saucepan over medium/low heat, melt butter. Add onions and celery and saute 5-10 minutes or until softened. Add flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Gradually add liquids, stirring constantly until slightly thickened. Soup can be made in advance to this point and stored in refrigerator until serving time.
- Over low heat, add cubes of brie cheese. Use a heat proof rubber spatula and stir constantly until all of the cheese has completely melted. Add salt and pepper as desired.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese and thinly sliced green onions.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More