CREAMY BRIE SOUP
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup onion -- chopped
- 3/4 cup celery -- sliced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour -- sifted
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups milk or half & half
- 15 ounces brie -- rind removed, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese -- grated
- 2 tablespoons green onion -- thinly sliced
In heavy saucepan over medium/low heat, melt butter. Add onions and celery and saute 5-10 minutes or until softened. Add flour and cook for 1 minute.
Gradually add liquids, stirring constantly until slightly thickened. Soup can be made in advance to this point and stored in refrigerator until serving time.
Over low heat, add cubes of brie cheese. Use a heat proof rubber spatula and stir constantly until all of the cheese has completely melted. Add salt and pepper as desired.
Garnish with parmesan cheese and thinly sliced green onions.