- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 15
BackstoryI just made this recipe last night. I had left over cabbage and the rest of the ingredients. It worked out as a perfect side dish.
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 4 cups (about 1 medium head) shredded green cabbage
- 1 bell pepper, sliced very thin (any color)
- 1/2 sweet onion, sliced very thin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- ** To make this a little more healthy do 1 tablespoon of butter and use fat-free cream cheese.
- Melt butter in a deep skillet, dutch oven, or wok over medium high heat. Add cabbage, bell pepper, onion, garlic powder, water, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat with the melted butter.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes until cabbage and vegetables are tender.
- Add cream cheese, and stir until cheese is melted.
Berks Catholic PTO Fall 2015 Recipe Auction
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Brownies: Baking Outside the BoxSee More
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Red Snapper Livornese
Beer Cheese in a Bread BowlSee More