- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 4 cups (about 1 medium head) shredded green cabbage
- 1 bell pepper, sliced very thin (any color)
- 1/2 sweet onion, sliced very thin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- ** To make this a little more healthy do 1 tablespoon of butter and use fat-free cream cheese.
- Melt butter in a deep skillet, dutch oven, or wok over medium high heat. Add cabbage, bell pepper, onion, garlic powder, water, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat with the melted butter.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes until cabbage and vegetables are tender.
- Add cream cheese, and stir until cheese is melted.
NotesI just made this recipe last night. I had left over cabbage and the rest of the ingredients. It worked out as a perfect side dish.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More