CREAMY CAULIFLOWER CASSEROLE WITH BACON AND CHEDDAR
- Use only fresh White Cauliflower.
- Serves 6 to 8
- 8 slices Bacon , chopped, cooked until crisp, and cooled
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Parsley
- or use Basil or Cilantro Leaves, for Garnish, depending on desired taste.
- Table Salt
- 2 heads Cauliflower , trimmed and cut into 1-inch florets (about 8 cups)
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
Creamy Cauliflower Casserole with Bacon and Cheddar
Adapted from a recipe by Lisa Ashton which appeared in Cook's Country Magazine.
Use only fresh White Cauliflower.
Serves 6 to 8
8 slices Bacon , chopped, cooked until crisp, and cooled
3 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 tablespoon chopped fresh Parsley
or use Basil or Cilantro Leaves, for Garnish, depending on desired taste.
2 heads Cauliflower , trimmed and cut into 1-inch florets (about 8 cups)
4 ounces Cream Cheese
1/4 cup Heavy Cream
1/4 cup Sour Cream
1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
1. Mix Bacon, 1/2 cup Cheese, and Leaf Garnish in small bowl. Set aside for topping.
2.Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees. Bring 4 quarts water to boil in large pot. Add 1 tablespoon Salt and Cauliflower and cook until tender, about 7 minutes. Drain and rinse Cauliflower with cold water. Transfer half of Cauliflower to cutting board and roughly chop. (Topping and Cauliflower may be refrigerated separately for up to 1 day.)
3. Melt Cream Cheese in now-empty pot over low heat. Stir in heavy cream and remaining 2 1/2 cups Cheese and cook until Cheese starts to melt, about 3 minutes. Off heat, stir in Sour Cream, Cauliflower, 1/2 teaspoon Salt, And Pepper. Transfer mixture to 2-quart baking dish, sprinkle with Topping, and bake until browned and bubbly, about 15 minutes. Serve.