- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 med, head cauliflower, cut in tiny flowerets
- 1/4 c. butter
- 2/3 c. chopped onion (1 small)
- 2 Tb. flour
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 2 c . light cream or rich milk
- 1/2 tsp. worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 c. grated cheddar cheese
- chopped chives or parsley
- Cook cauliflower in boiling salted water; drain, reserving liquid.
- Melt butter. Add onion and cook 'til soft. Blend in flour; add broth and cook, stirring constantly, 'til mixture come to a boil. Stir in 1 c. liquid drained from cauliflower (adding water if necessary to make 1 c.), milk, worcestershire sauce and salt. Add cauliflower. Heat to boiling. Stir in cheese. Serve sprinkled wtih chopped chives or parsley.
- Makes about 2 qts.
NotesYup!! Definitely in a soup mode today!! LOL
Note: To point up the flavor of cream soups, add a tiny bit of fresh veg, finely chopped, just before serving. In summer months, it's helpful to remember that most cream soups are good cold -- but they have to be really cold!! They look very appetizing and refreshing if served in clear glass bowls!!! Just thought I'd share the little tidbit!!