- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Cups cooked chicken. (Chopped, diced, or shredded)
- 3/4 cups chopped onion(
- 2 cups grated Monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 4-6 Jalapenos (seeded and sliced thin)
- 2 cups Chicken broth (I like to add a bouillon cube to broth)
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 pkg. Corn tortillas (12)
- 4-6 Green Chilies (Diced)
- Pre heat oven to 425
- Filling: Boil chicken and allow to cool.
- Mix (cooled) cooked chicken, 1-cup cheese, diced chilies, and onion in a large bowl and set aside.
- Tortilla prep: Heat oil at medium high and dip tortillas in for approx. 5 seconds per side, place on paper bag or paper towel to drain. (I think the paper bag works best)
- Place 3 Tbls. filling into each of the tortillas and roll. Place the rolled tortillas into a 9x13x2 pan.
- Cream Sauce: Heat the butter or margarine in a large skillet.
- Saute jalapenos at high heat for 2-3 minutes, reduce heat to medium high and mix in flour. Slowly add the 2 cups broth, mixing until smooth.
- Add sour cream and continue to heat until warm and creamy. Pour sauce over rolled tortillas.
- Cooking: Place pan on top of a sheet of aluminum foil, and put in oven. (This prevents the tortillas from getting hard on the bottom while cooking)
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Carefully remove pan from oven and put remaining cheese on top and place back in oven for additional 5 minutes. Allow enchiladas to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More