- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Cups cooked chicken. (Chopped, diced, or shredded)
- 3/4 cups chopped onion(
- 2 cups grated Monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 4-6 Jalapenos (seeded and sliced thin)
- 2 cups Chicken broth (I like to add a bouillon cube to broth)
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 pkg. Corn tortillas (12)
- 4-6 Green Chilies (Diced)
- Pre heat oven to 425
- Filling: Boil chicken and allow to cool.
- Mix (cooled) cooked chicken, 1-cup cheese, diced chilies, and onion in a large bowl and set aside.
- Tortilla prep: Heat oil at medium high and dip tortillas in for approx. 5 seconds per side, place on paper bag or paper towel to drain. (I think the paper bag works best)
- Place 3 Tbls. filling into each of the tortillas and roll. Place the rolled tortillas into a 9x13x2 pan.
- Cream Sauce: Heat the butter or margarine in a large skillet.
- Saute jalapenos at high heat for 2-3 minutes, reduce heat to medium high and mix in flour. Slowly add the 2 cups broth, mixing until smooth.
- Add sour cream and continue to heat until warm and creamy. Pour sauce over rolled tortillas.
- Cooking: Place pan on top of a sheet of aluminum foil, and put in oven. (This prevents the tortillas from getting hard on the bottom while cooking)
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Carefully remove pan from oven and put remaining cheese on top and place back in oven for additional 5 minutes. Allow enchiladas to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More