- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15
- 10 soft taco shells
- 2 cups, cooked shredded chicken (about 2 large chicken breasts)
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack Cheese (mozzarella works fine too)
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chiles
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- You can cook your chicken a couple of ways. You can roast a couple of chicken breasts in the oven.
- Just drizzle a bit of olive oil on them and season with salt and pepper and cook for about 35-45 minutes.
- Or you can boil your chicken until cooked. Or you could use a store bought rotisserie chicken.
- It just depends on how much time you have to prepare this and what flavor you want from your chicken. The roasted and rotisserie chicken are going to give you the most flavor.
- Once your chicken is cooked, you'll want to shred it using two forks.
- Or if you have a stand mixer, using the paddle attachment, put your chicken in the mixing bowl.
- Turn mixer on and within a minute your chicken will be perfectly shredded.
- Add in 1 cup of shredded cheese to shredded chicken.
- Also, if you boiled your chicken, here is where you will want to add your seasoning.
- Some salt & pepper or maybe a little Adobo seasoning.
- Place chicken mixture in each of your 10 soft taco shells. Roll them all up and place them in your baking dish. Just squeeze them all in there.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt butter. Whisk in flour and let cook and thicken for 1 minute (don't let it burn). Add chicken broth and whisk until smooth. Stir in sour cream and green chiles.
- Be sure not to let the mixture boil.
- Take sauce off the heat and pour it over the enchiladas.
- Top with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes.
- If you'd like, you can turn the broiler on high and broil these for a minute or two until cheese is slighlybrowned and bubbly.
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
NFPG Recipe CollectionSee More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More