- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 chicken breasts cut into chunks
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cooked pasta
- 1 head of steamed broccoli
- juice from 2 lemons
- 1/3 cup white wine (or so)
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 4 oz sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups milk (or you can use 1 cup chicken broth and 1 cup milk)
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese plus more for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350'
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and cook in a skillet with oil until done. Remove from pan and set aside.
- If needed add a bit more oil and saute the mushrooms. Toss in the cooked broccoli.
- Pour the lemon juice in a measuring cup....pour enough wine in with the juice to measure 3/4 cup. Add to the mushrooms and broccoli. Add the milk and let simmer to heat through.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese until melted.
- Return the chicken to the pan. Stir in the capers.
- In a large casserole dish, add the pasta and then pour the chicken mixture over the pasta. Top with some parmesan cheese.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until bubbly and golden brown.
NotesThis is just one of those things that came together based on what was in the kitchen and what I was in the mood for.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
GAES PTO RecipesSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More