CREAMY CHICKEN PILLOWS
Creamy Chicken Pillows
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken tenderloins or breast, diced small
- 1 (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoons minced dry onion, (from a jar)
- 1/2 packet dry Italian dressing mix
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 (12 oz) Big & Buttery Crescent Rolls, (ounces will be smaller if you buy the regular)
- garlic salt, cracked black pepper, Lawry's Seasoned Salt, to taste
- 2 cups Panko Italian Crispy Bread Crumbs
- 1 teaspoon or smaller poppy seeds
- extra virgin olive oil, for browning chicken
- gravy, recipe below
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Heat olive oil in a skillet and add diced chicken, browning until juices run clear, about 15 minutes.
Blend cream cheese and 2-3 Tablespoons melted butter until smooth. Add to the skillet of chicken.
Add Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, milk and onions. Simmer 5 minutes and mix well.
Unroll crescent rolls out to their triangle shape.
Spoon chicken mixture onto the center of each separated dough, leaving a little room on the sides and top. Rolling from the top towards the small end and then pinching the sides together, this will turn out somewhat like a ball.
In a bowl, roll crescent roll in the remaining melted butter and then in bread crumbs.
In a seperate bowl, place poppy seeds and roll crescent in them.
Place on baking sheet and bake 20-25 minutes or until rolls are done. (slightly brown)
Top with gravy.
To make the gravy:
1 can cream of chicken of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon mayo
1/4 cup milk
Combine ingredients in sauce pan and cook over medium heat until heated through.
A tip for dicing the chicken: I diced it while it was still partially frozen and it diced up awesome! You really want to get a small dice out of the chicken so it fits well in the crescent roll! The Panko Italian Crispy Bread Crumbs totally made the outside of these the perfect ending and if you can find them, I suggest buying a box!