CREAMY CHICKEN AND BROWN RICE SOUP
Creamy Chicken and Brown Rice Soup
- 3+1/2 quarts water
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 bunch of parsley, minced
- 2 tbsp Wiler's Sodium Free Bouillon
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1+1/2 tsps Mrs. Dash
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup brown rice
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup non-fat milk powder
In a Dutch oven, add water, carrots, onion, parsley, Mrs. Dash sea salt, sodium free bouillon and poultry seasoning. Add chicken breasts - do not cut up, and brown rice.
Cook for one hour. Remove chicken from soup and cut into bite sized pieces. Add non-fat dry milk and cut up chicken. Cook another 30 minutes.
I started this with about a quart of homemade chicken broth I had in the freezer.