- Cooking Time: 5-10
- Servings: 1 cup
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI love hummus and am always looking for new twists to an old favorite! Crunchy, salty, creamy, addicting. . .this recipe has all of the elements of a great snack!
- 1 large or 2 small garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 15oz can cannelloni/white beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp (or more if you like spice!) chili powder
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp salt, optional
- For the Chips
- soft tortillas, any kind, any size
- olive oil or cooking spray
- your choice of: garlic salt, salt, pepper, onion powder, oregano, or any other spice you like!
- 1. Preheat oven to 400.
- 2. Cut tortillas into desired sizes. Lightly brush olive oil or spray cooking spray over both sides of the tortilla pieces. Sprinkle with your choices of spices.
- 3. Bake for 5-10 minutes, turning halfway through, or until chips turn slightly brown. Time will depend on how large you cut the pieces.
- 4. While chips are baking, start on the hummus.
- 5. Place garlic gloves in a food processor. Pulse until pureed. Add beans, lime juice, tahini, chili powder, olive oil, and salt. Pulse until smooth.
- 6. Serve with freshly baked tortilla chips. Enjoy!