CREAMY CHOCOLATE ALMOND COFFEE
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1/2 cup whipping (heavy) cream
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 scoops (about 1/4 cup each) chocolate ice cream
- 4 cups strong hot coffee
- Chocolate shavings or toasted sliced almonds, if desired
In chilled small bowl, beat whipping cream, powdered sugar and almond extract with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form.
Place 1 scoop ice cream in each of 4 cups or mugs. Pour coffee over ice cream. Top with whipped cream. Garnish with chocolate shavings or almonds. Serve immediately.
Serve this indulgent coffee with chocolate-covered spoons. Look for them at gourmet stores. Or make your own by dipping silver or plastic spoons into melted candy coating; refrigerate until firm.