- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1/2 cup whipping (heavy) cream
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 scoops (about 1/4 cup each) chocolate ice cream
- 4 cups strong hot coffee
- Chocolate shavings or toasted sliced almonds, if desired
- In chilled small bowl, beat whipping cream, powdered sugar and almond extract with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Place 1 scoop ice cream in each of 4 cups or mugs. Pour coffee over ice cream. Top with whipped cream. Garnish with chocolate shavings or almonds. Serve immediately.
- Special Touch
- Serve this indulgent coffee with chocolate-covered spoons. Look for them at gourmet stores. Or make your own by dipping silver or plastic spoons into melted candy coating; refrigerate until firm.
NotesI just came across this recipe. I can’t wait to surprise guests with mugs of this dessert! Source: Betty Crocker
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Vegan Eats!See More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More