- Cooking Time: 20
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 1/2 Cup Heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 small onion, finely diced
- 1 small can sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 3 TBS flour
- 2 Cups chicken broth
- 3 Cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- In a large pot, melt butter and saute onions about 5 minutes, until soft.
- Add mushrooms and continue cooking on low heat for another 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over butter, onion and mushroom mixture and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Slowly add chicken broth and heavy cream, stirring constantly until simmering and slightly thickened.
- In a blender, add can of creamed corn and then 1 1/2 Cup hot soup - add liquid only, using a strainer to ensure no onion or mushrooms get through.
- Completly blend corn and soup mixture (be sure to vent the cover of your blender so that the hot liquid inside doesn't explode when you're blending it and burn you!!!).
- Again, through a strainer, add the corn liquid from the blender back into the simmering pot of soup. Discard the pieces of corn left in the strainer.
- Add chicken to soup and heat through.
NotesI'm always looking for a new way to use leftover chicken and items I already have in my pantry. I invented this one night because, these were the ingredients I had on hand! Pureed and strained canned cream of corn is combined with chicken stock, canned mushrooms and cubed cooked chicken to create a beautiful bisque everyone will think took hours to make. Start to finish it takes only about 1/2 hour and the outcome is a slightly sweet, creamy soup that tastes like it came from a gourmet restaurant!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Brownies: Baking Outside the BoxSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More