- Cooking Time: 20
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 1/2 Cup Heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 small onion, finely diced
- 1 small can sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 3 TBS flour
- 2 Cups chicken broth
- 3 Cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- In a large pot, melt butter and saute onions about 5 minutes, until soft.
- Add mushrooms and continue cooking on low heat for another 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over butter, onion and mushroom mixture and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Slowly add chicken broth and heavy cream, stirring constantly until simmering and slightly thickened.
- In a blender, add can of creamed corn and then 1 1/2 Cup hot soup - add liquid only, using a strainer to ensure no onion or mushrooms get through.
- Completly blend corn and soup mixture (be sure to vent the cover of your blender so that the hot liquid inside doesn't explode when you're blending it and burn you!!!).
- Again, through a strainer, add the corn liquid from the blender back into the simmering pot of soup. Discard the pieces of corn left in the strainer.
- Add chicken to soup and heat through.
NotesI'm always looking for a new way to use leftover chicken and items I already have in my pantry. I invented this one night because, these were the ingredients I had on hand! Pureed and strained canned cream of corn is combined with chicken stock, canned mushrooms and cubed cooked chicken to create a beautiful bisque everyone will think took hours to make. Start to finish it takes only about 1/2 hour and the outcome is a slightly sweet, creamy soup that tastes like it came from a gourmet restaurant!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More