- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups fresh corn kernels or 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen, thawed
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium zucchini, (about 1/2 pound) diced
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, cut into ribbons
- Put 2 cups of the corn and the milk into a blender or food processor, until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot over a medium-high heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, and zucchini and cook, stirring until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add the remaining 2 cups of corn and the broth and bring to a boil. Add the pureed corn and tomatoes and cook until warmed through, but not boiling. Add the salt and season with pepper. Serve garnished with the basil ribbons.
NotesI just love soup. So, I'm collecting soup recipes for me to try out this winter.
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
DIY Tasty Gift Ideas
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Baked Avocado Brunch
Japanese Carrot Ginger Dressing
Beef , Tomatoe And Cabbage CasseroleSee More