- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups fresh corn kernels or 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen, thawed
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium zucchini, (about 1/2 pound) diced
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, cut into ribbons
- Put 2 cups of the corn and the milk into a blender or food processor, until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot over a medium-high heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, and zucchini and cook, stirring until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add the remaining 2 cups of corn and the broth and bring to a boil. Add the pureed corn and tomatoes and cook until warmed through, but not boiling. Add the salt and season with pepper. Serve garnished with the basil ribbons.
NotesI just love soup. So, I'm collecting soup recipes for me to try out this winter.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More