- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup creamed corn
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place a 10-inch cast iron skillet into the oven.
- In a bowl, combine the cornmeal, salt, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Whisk together to combine well.
- In a large bowl, combine the buttermilk, eggs, and creamed corn, whisking together to combine thoroughly.
- Add the dry ingredients to the buttermilk mixture and stir to combine. If the batter will not pour, add more buttermilk to the batter.
- Add 2 tablespoons canola oil to the cast iron skillet. Pour the batter into the skillet.
- Bake until the cornbread is golden brown and springs back upon the touch, about 20 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes for Vitality
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More