- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup creamed corn
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place a 10-inch cast iron skillet into the oven.
- In a bowl, combine the cornmeal, salt, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Whisk together to combine well.
- In a large bowl, combine the buttermilk, eggs, and creamed corn, whisking together to combine thoroughly.
- Add the dry ingredients to the buttermilk mixture and stir to combine. If the batter will not pour, add more buttermilk to the batter.
- Add 2 tablespoons canola oil to the cast iron skillet. Pour the batter into the skillet.
- Bake until the cornbread is golden brown and springs back upon the touch, about 20 minutes.
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More