- Cooking Time: 15-20min.
- Servings: 1
- Preparation Time: 5min
- 1 box plain or whole wheat couscous
- 1 cup FF milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 tbsp. wheat germ
- honey (optional)
- Cook couscous according to package directions for the stove top method. Combine 1 cup of the couscous, milk, brown sugar, and zest in another sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking frequently (about 5min).
- Reduce heat to medium-low and stir until thickened (about 5min).
- Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, take 1/2 cup of the couscous mixture and combine with the egg substitute.
- Return this to the sauce pan and cook on low heat until thick (about 5min). Remove from heat and serve hot.
- Sprinkle with 1 tbsp. wheatgerm. Drizzle with honey if you would like it sweeter.
- Makes one serving. With the leftover couscous you could make more the next day or save it for another meal.
NotesThis recipe originally came from the WeightWatchers cookbook called Now&Later. I adapted it by adding my own amounts of indgredients, and changing some directions.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Jean’s Recipe File
Simple Homemade Favorites
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!See More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More