- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks (8 oz) butter, melted
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (14-oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup (6 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, sugar, oatmeal, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt until blended.
- Mix in melted butter, egg and vanilla until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Set aside 1 1/2 cups.
- Press remaining mixture into bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Pour condensed milk over crust to within 1/2 inch of edge.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips and reserved crumbs evenly over milk, pressing in lightly.
- Bake an additional 18 - 20 minutes, or until set.
- Remove to a rack and let cool thoroughly before cutting into bars.
NotesSource: 365 Great Cookies & Brownies
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Growers' Giveback Potluck
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Old Fashioned Railroad Navy Bean Soup
Rice A Roni Meatballs
Homemade Vanilla ExtractSee More