- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis recipe is easy and we usually make it for Thanksgiving or holidays because it is so rich. Be sure to get white shoepeg corn- regular corn does not taste as good.
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped onion
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 tsp of granulated garlic
- 1 8 oz package of cream cheese
- 3 cans of white shoepeg corn
- 1 4 oz can chopped green chiles
- 1/2 4 oz can chopped jalapenos (mild)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- Melt butter and sautÃ© onions in butter. Mix in granulated garlic. Add cream cheese and melt in saucepan. Pour into casserole dish. Once in the casserole dish, add the drained corn, 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese, drained jalapenos, and green chiles. Mix everything well.
- Top the casserole with remaining cheese and bake at 350 degrees until the top if bubbly and browning. Garnish with chives.