- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2 cups
- Preparation Time: 20 min
- 1/4 small bunch dill, stems removed (about 1/4 cup loosely packed leaves)
- 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley, stems removed (about 3/4 cup loosely packed leaves)
- 1/4 bunch thyme, stems removed (about 2 Tbs. loosely packed leaves)
- 1/2 bunch chives, coarsely chopped (1/3 cup)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 Tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt; more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- In a food processor, combine the dill, parsley, thyme, and chives with the mayonnaise; process until the herbs are chopped.
- With the motor running, slowly pour in the buttermilk and then add the vinegar, salt, pepper, and hot sauce.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Pour into a bottle or jar and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
NotesThis takes the basic ranch salad dressing one step further by incorporating a generous quantity of fresh herbs. Use a homemade mayonnaise if you like, but Hellmann's works quite well here.