- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2 cups
- Preparation Time: 20 min
- 1/4 small bunch dill, stems removed (about 1/4 cup loosely packed leaves)
- 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley, stems removed (about 3/4 cup loosely packed leaves)
- 1/4 bunch thyme, stems removed (about 2 Tbs. loosely packed leaves)
- 1/2 bunch chives, coarsely chopped (1/3 cup)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 Tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt; more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- In a food processor, combine the dill, parsley, thyme, and chives with the mayonnaise; process until the herbs are chopped.
- With the motor running, slowly pour in the buttermilk and then add the vinegar, salt, pepper, and hot sauce.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Pour into a bottle or jar and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
NotesThis takes the basic ranch salad dressing one step further by incorporating a generous quantity of fresh herbs. Use a homemade mayonnaise if you like, but Hellmann's works quite well here.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More