Creamy Herb-Roasted Chicken
2-3 (8-12oz total) Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast Halves, cut into bite-sized chunks- thawed if frozen
1 (10.5oz) can Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup + 3/4 can of water
1/2 tsp Dry Ground Sage
1/2 tsp Dry Oregano
1 Chicken Bouillon Cube
5 (appx 2c total) small Yellow Potatoes, scrubbed clean, cut into halves then quartered
1/2c Yellow Onion, thinly sliced
1c Carrots, julienned
Season "To Taste":
Paprika- to sprinkle
1) Preheat oven to 375°F.
2) In a 2c measuring cup, whisk together the Soup ingredients. Mixture should almost if not equal 2 cups. Set aside.
3) In a 9x11 inch glass bake dish, layer potatoes, cut side up. Sprinkle over the top with salt, rosemary, and garlic powder.
4) Layer into dish, carrots and onions. Sprinkle over the top with black pepper, seasoned salt, and *celery salt.
5) Pour 1 cup of Soup mix evenly over layered vegetables. Next, place chicken onto vegetables in dish, then pour remaining Soup mix evenly over the chicken. Sprinkle dish with paprika.
6) Bake for 55-60 minutes- (40-50 minutes if you are using two smaller glass bake dishes) or until chicken and all veggies are properly cooked through. You should see the soup at a boil through the sides of the dish.
Pairs Well With
Easy to make, and forgiving if you want more veggies. This original recipe was good, but as usual, I added in a few more seasonings into the mix... Adapted from a Campbell's Soup recipe I pulled from the side of the can.
* is optional